We had this delicious soup at Bonnie's on Aspen Mountain last February. The recipe is taken directly from Bonnie's at 1:00 * by MaryAnn Greene. I have not tried making it yet but maybe will now that the weather is getting colder again. At anyrate, I'm hoping it is still on the menu this winter.
"One of the favorites. Serves 8-10
6 TBS. UNSALTED BUTTER
1 LB. YELLOW ONIONS (CHOPPED, 2 C.)
1 TSP. KOSHER SALT
1 LB. MUSHROOMS (SLICED)
1/4 C. FLOUR
1 TBS. DILL WEED
1 TBS. PAPRIKA
1 TBS. TAMARI SAUCE
3 C. CHICKEN STOCK
1/2 TSP. PEPPER
3 C. MILK
2 TSP. LEMON JUICE
1/4 C. PARSLEY (CHOPPED FINELY)
7/8 C. SOUR CREAM (9 OZ.)
1. Saute onions in butter with salt.
2. Add mushrooms and simmer until limp.
3. Sprinkle flour over vegetables and immediately add dill, paprika, tamari, and chicken stock. Stir! Stir!
4. Simmer 15 minutes.
5. Add milk, pepper, lemon juice, and parsley.
6. Cook 30 minutes.
7. Check seasonings.
8. Whisk in sour cream and heat carefully.
TRY USING NON-FAT SKIM MILK, NON-FAT SOUR CREAM, AND LOW-FAT CHICKEN
STOCK. IT IS EQUALLY DELICIOUS!!!"
* Page 67